one.hundred.thirty.seven


every year my dad calls me a day early to wish me a happy birthday.


every year i tell him that it's his sister's birthday, and that mine is the next day.


every year.


when he called today i bust out laughing.
it's just so ridiculous. surely by now he'd stop and remember what happened when he called the year before. somet
hing should make him second-guess himself and cause him to pull his hand away from the phone and have a good think. but no. his confidence remains untouched, and so every year he calls with an assurance that i just can't fathom.

my favourite year was the one where he argued with me for 2 minutes about whether or not he'd got it wrong. "it IS your birthday today!" like i don't know when my own damn birthday is.
after i finished laughing at him this morning he told me [like he does every year] that he'll call me tomorrow.

but sometimes he forgets.

this guy is a trip and a half!



No comments:

Post a Comment